SCBWI Carolinas, organized in 1992 for members living in North and South Carolina.
There are currently more than 22,000 members worldwide, in over 70 regional chapters writing and illustrating in all genres for young readers from board books to young adult (YA) novels, making it the largest children’s writing organization in the world.
- When you join SCBWI at the main office in LA, you are a member. There are no additional dues or fees to belong to a region, except for actual events.
- For your membership you receive the SCBWI Bi-monthly Bulletin, access to market data on line, participation in the SCBWI Discussion boards as well as the regional Yahoo List, SCBWI C, and the lowest tuition price for SCBWI events.
- INTERESTED IN JOINING SCBWI? CLICK HERE
The Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators was founded in 1971 by a group of Los Angeles-based children’s writers, the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators is a non-profit , 501 (c)3 organization which is one of the largest existing organizations for writers and illustrators. It is the only professional organization specifically for those individuals writing and illustrating for children and young adults in the fields of children’s literature, magazines, film, television, and multimedia.
- On FACEBOOK, please Like The SCBWI Carolinas Page. You can find us at Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter at @scbwicarolinas
- For more information CONTACT the Regional Advisor SCBWI Carolinas